Electronics and Communication Engineering
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in 2008 with an annual intake of 60. Currently the annual intake is 120, besides an additional 20% under lateral entry scheme.
The department has the faculty members who have vast experience in the field in both industries and academics. Currently there are 10 faculty members. The department has an Advisory Committee, which advises planning of academic matters and development of the laboratories and upgrading skills of the faculty.
The department takes an active role in arranging expert lectures, guest lectures and Industrial visits for the benefit of students. Students are encouraged to take up industry oriented projects. The students are also motivated to present papers in student seminars, paper contests etc. at various conferences.
The department organizes students counseling by the members of faculty to monitor regularity and discipline among students. About 15 students are allotted to each teacher to guide, motivate and counsel them on academic and other matters. The teacher counselors regularly interact with the students and maintain registers on the progress of the students.
Class teachers are allotted to check student’s attendance and punctuality. A Disciplinary Committee comprising of the senior faculty is constituted for maintaining discipline and dress code of the students.
The department constantly interacts with the alumni and seeks their advice on academic matters. Their suggestions are taken into consideration in various developmental activities of the department.
The Department of Electronics Engineering is committed to produce globally competitive and socially sensitized graduates in Electronics & Communication Engineering. We seek to instill the spirit of creativity and leadership skills enabling the students to make a global impact towards the availability of technology to mankind from all walks of life.
- To impart quality technical education with the state of art infrastructure and instruction.
- To enrich the academic activities to produce the globally competent technocrats with research and socio-ethical approach.
- To empower the learners to apply acquired knowledge and innovative skills to cater the present and future needs of industry and society.
M. Tech (VLSI & Embedded Systems)
VLSI & Embedded Systems (VLSI & ES) is a two year full time post-graduate program approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) for the students who have a B.E/B.Tech / AMIE in ECE / EEE / CSE / Electronics & Computers Engg / ETE / IT / CSIT / Electronics & Control Engg. / Instrumentation Engg. / Instrumentation Technology / EIE / ICE / Electronics Engg., / Bio- Medical Engg. / AMIETE and Electronics and Telematics Engg. (OR) equivalent / Electronics Engineering. The course is offered by the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering by highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty. Intake to this course is 36, selected through PGECET conducted by Government of AP.
Embedded systems design is a productive synergy between hardware and software design. Essentially, it’s the art of choosing and designing the proper combination of hardware and software components to achieve design goals like speed and efficiency.
The M.Tech Course in VLSI & Embedded System Design focuses on practical design aspects. The major objective of the course is to mould fresh electronics engineers into high-calibre embedded system designers. The course offers a range of topics of immediate relevance to the electronics industry. The participants of the programme are exposed to various families and architectures of embedded system tools.
The course structure of this program will include the core subjects like Embedded Real Time Operating Systems, Micro controllers for Embedded System Design, Hardware Software Co-Design, and CPLD and FPGA Architectures and Applications, and elective subjects Advanced Computer Architecture, VLSI Technology and Design, Multimedia and Signal Coding and System on Chip Architecture.
A dedicated project work is taken up by every student of M.Tech (VLSI & ES) for the next two semesters. The project work is of high quality basing used in current industry practices. Project work is supported by leading MNC’s and defence laboratories doing state of art research and development.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs):
- Graduates apply their knowledge of mathematics and science to identify, analyze and solve problems in the held of Electronics and develop sophisticated communication systems.
- Graduates exhibit their innovative ideas and management skills to meet the day to day technical challenges.
- Graduates embody a commitment to professional ethics, diversity and social awareness in their professional career.
- Graduates exhibit a desire for life-long learning through technical training and professional activities.
The Program Outcomes of Electronics and Communication Engineering:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamental concepts appropriate to the discipline of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- An ability to analyze the complex engineering problems, identify and formulate the solutions appropriate to it.
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate Electronics and Communication systems for public health and safety, cultural societal and environmental considerations.
- An ability to design electronic circuits and conduct investigations, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for practice.
- An ability to apply the professional engineering practice to the local and global issues in the society.
- An Ability to apply the knowledge of professional engineering solutions for the sustainable development in changing environments.
- An ability to apply the knowledge of learnt professional ethics to social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to function effectively as an individual and as a team leader in diverse and multidisciplinary settings to accomplish a common goal.
- An ability to communicate effectively through presentations and clear instructions with the engineering community and society.
- An ability to apply the engineering and management principles to manage project as an employee and as an employer.
- An ability to develop life long learning for the changing technological environment.
All electronic devices need software interface to run and connect with each other or other device controlling programs architecture and developed by Electronics and Communication Engineers. It also gives great opportunities for research and development, as everyday consumer need new devices to support them in daily life.